RESOLUTION NO. 22 By: Bergstrom of the Senate
Kendrix and Conley of the House
A Joint Resolution approving certain proposed permanent rules of Oklahoma state agencies; disapproving certain proposed permanent rules; and directing distribution.
SUBJECT: Administrative Rules
WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 308.3 of Title 75 of the Oklahoma Statutes, the Legislature shall have a joint resolution prepared for consideration each session.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE SENATE AND THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE 1ST SESSION OF THE 59TH OKLAHOMA LEGISLATURE:
SECTION 1. All proposed permanent rules of Oklahoma state agencies filed on or before April 1, 2023, are hereby approved except for OAC 317:30-3-35, submitted by the Oklahoma Health Care Authority, and OAC 210:10-2-1, 210:10-2-2, 210:10-2-3, 210:10-2-4, 210:35-3-121, 210:35-3-121.1, 210:35-3-126, and 210:35-3-128, submitted by the State Department of Education. The following proposed permanent rules of state agencies filed on or before April 1, 2023, are hereby disapproved:
1. State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision, OAC 435:15-1-1.1, 435:15-3-1, 435:15-3-13, 435:15-3-17, 435:15-3-19, 435:15-5-10, 435:15-11-1, and 435:15-11-2;
2. Oklahoma Used Motor Vehicle, Dismantler, and Manufactured Housing Commission, OAC 765:10-3-5;
3. Department of Public Safety, OAC 595:25-1-2, disapproving adding definition of ““Payment” means compensation for services rendered by a wrecker or towing company in the form of cash, credit card, debit card, Automated Clearinghouse Transfer (ACH), business checks, cashier’s check, or money order.” and OAC 595:25-5-7(b) and (c), disapproving proposed changes, except for the P.O. Box number;
4. Department of Wildlife Conservation, OAC 800:25-24-3 paragraph (2) of subsection (c);
5. State Board of Cosmetology and Barbering, OAC 175:10-3-47, and OAC 175:10-9-55, disapproving the language “Only a licensed Cosmetology Instructor or licensed Facial/Esthetics Instructor may teach Eyelash Extension Specialist courses or classes.”, as included in subparagraph (b); and
6. State Department of Health, OAC 310:355-1-1, 310:642-1-1, 310:642-1-2, 310:642-1-3, 310:642-3-1, 310:642-3-2, 310:642-5-1 except for subparagraphs (H) and (I) of paragraph (2), 310:642-7-1, 310:642-7-2, 310:642-9-1, 310:643-1-1, 310:643-1-2, 310:643-3-1, 310:643-3-2, 310:643-5-1, 310:643-5-2, 310:643-5-3, 310:643-7-1, and 310:643-7-2.
SECTION 2. The Secretary of State is hereby directed to distribute copies of this resolution to the Governor and the editor of “The Oklahoma Register”.
Passed the Senate the 22nd day of May, 2023.
Presiding Officer of the Senate
Passed the House of Representatives the 25th day of May, 2023.
Presiding Officer of the House